Monday, March 11, 2013

Make it Monday - Chocolate Bunny Wrappers

 Can you believe Easter is just a couple of weeks away?  I figured I better get started on some projects, so here is the first: Chocolate Bunny wrappers.  Don't you just love that fluffy little tail?  And the best part, I got to use up some yummy embossed chocolate brown cardstock scraps I've been hoarding for...well, I'd rather not say how long! 


I came across the idea on this blog here  and thought it was so adorable I had to give it a go.   I grabbed the following:

3 circle punches, a 1", 1 7/16" and 1 7/8"
leftover brown cardstock scraps
  12 x 12 sheets of colored cardstock
cardstock for stamping in complimentary color
stamp and ink for tag
rosette flower trim for tail
coordinating ribbon to tie tag
adhesive of choice (I used my ATG)
pop dots or craft foam

 
So, I didn't have the double tag die she used in the video...but I knew I could recreate something similar by folding the 12 x 12 piece of cardstock in half and tracing a standard shipping tag measuring about 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 " (be sure the bottom of the tag you trace lines up with the folded edge of the cardstock.  Simply cut out the sides and top (not the folded bottom) and you have your double tag!
 
  • Now use your two largest circle bunches for the bunny bottom and the head. 
  • Cut a rosette from the trim and stick it to the bunny bottom for the tail. 
  • I punched a 1" circle and cut it in half for the feet.  Adhere your feet to the bunny's bottom. 
  • I used another 1 7/16" (the 2nd largest punch) circle and cut the 2 bunny ears free-hand from that. 
  • I used pop dots (craft foam works too) to stick the bottom and the head to the cardstock, giving them dimension. 
  • Then you can stick the ears to the cardstock (play around with the position 'til you like how they look). 
 
Decide what treat you'll put inside, the size of Hershey's chocolate bunny worked for me. I opened the tag, applied adhesive and then stuck the wrapped chocolate there.
 
 
Finally, I stamped some Happy Easter Tags (got the stamp for a $1 from Michaels) to top off the coordinating bow and you've got the cutest little treats for Easter baskets, party favors or teachers. 
 
Thanks for dropping in.  Hope your Easter projects are hopping right along! 
 
{{Hugs}}
 
Kimberly
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughtful comments!