Monday, April 22, 2013

Make it Monday - Chalkboard Restyle

Happy Earth Day!  I looked through some of my old photos to find my favorite upcycled project with you.  I remembered this little cutie I restyled for my daughter's room a couple of years back.  I don't have before pics, but trust, it was an old faded chalkboard with a rooster on it (I think), hung from rope.  I came up with the idea for the chalkboard to keep my dear daughter on task while she gets ready in the morning :)  It was also one of the first paper piecings I did from a digital stamp. 
 
 
This little cutie is just adorable and reminds me of my girl and her two "bun-buns" as she calls them.  The black paper is embossed, giving her hair a textured look, I love it!  The fairy girl is a digistamp from digistampcharacters on Etsy.  I tried to add as many of her favorite things I could, school (thankfully!), the colors green, purple and pink and the sequined butterfly.
 
 
I am always looking for ways to reuse, recycle and repurpose with my crafting, how about you?  What's one of your favorite re-do's? 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
{{Hugs}}
 
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your thoughtful comments!