Friday, January 23, 2015

Spa-tastic Layout - Layout a Week

Wait, another post this week?  
I know, I know.  

The latter half of 2014 threw me for a loop, but I am getting back into the blogging groove.  It's taken me several years, but I'm also returning to my first true love - 12 x 12 layouts. I committed to one layout-a-week, anybody with me?  The pictures for my baby girl's birthday party were so darn cute, I couldn't wait to start scrapping them.    


I used Recollections "My Favorite Things" papers for a whimsical, girly-girl feel.  



Here is the beautiful inspiration sketch from the Scrap Our Stash Challenge. Yep, my first sketch challenge.  Trying new things this year, my loves.



You know I adore buttons, and I have a feeling the wood embellishments are here to stay, you?



Another challenge requirement was to add of all things, sequins.  I'm amazed I had some, okay, maybe not so much.  They sure made the sweetest little cupcake-toppers.


I'm thinking I will add add another page; this party was too memorable not to document more of the photos.

Have you entered any fun sketch challenges lately?

Thanks for dropping by!
post signature

16 comments:

  1. What a cute page and photos! Wonderful job with the sketch and adding in the sequins! Good luck with your layout a week and thank you so much for playing along with Scrap Out Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!!! Love the doodle paper and all that pink with splashes of green. Very creative with the sequins, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of fun putting this layout together, t hank you for popping over!

      Delete
  3. Love your layout! Those papers are sweet, but I simply ADORE your photos! If you like sketches, join us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, I will definitely stop by Sketches in Thyme!

      Delete
  4. How cute, love all the pink and details! great job on the challenge! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joefil, thank you for checking out my layout!

      Delete
  5. Really cute LO, like that paper. I've been comtemplating that sketch every since they posted it! My first love is LOs too and I made a decision to scrap at least one LO a week this year too. I even joined a FB group!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Treva, what group is this? Good luck with your layout a week...I will be checking your blog out!

      Delete
  6. What an adorable spa party page! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angi, I had adorable subjects to work with :)

      Delete
  7. Great colors and I hope to do a layout a week too!! A spa party sounded like a lot of work but definitely worth it for baby girl :). Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, so much fun! Love the theme and that little green camera! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute layout! love your take on the sketch. thanks for joining us at scrap our stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty layout. Love the bright colour. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your thoughtful comments!