Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Autumn Days are {Almost} Here!

What's not to love about the apple cider drinking, leaves turning, boot-wearing weather kinda weather?  With the kids out of school for the summer, I've found a little extra time to make a couple of my upcycled mini albums!  I am having fun with the card-making, and altered items, but mini albums are my PASSION :)  Lately, I've been creating these 10-page ones from the sturdy cardstock-like packaging of 12 x 12 paper pads....Can you tell I am ready for fall's cooler temps?


I thought the chocolate brown burlap diecut added just the right texture and warmth to the cover.  The papers are a mix from Recollections "Night and Fall" and My Mind's Eye "Reunion"...I enjoy mixing my papers!


I added a little picture of my "pumpkin", so you can see what pictures look like when added to a pre-made mini album.

On the left is a little brown paper bag I embellished with a fun sequin pumpkin for more texture :)



Aren't the polka dots fun?  Love the blue mixed in with the brown, orange and cream colors for fall.

What do YOU love most about fall?

This project is linked up to ::  Craftin Desert Diva's Linky Party

Thanks for stopping by!

{{Hugs}}
Kimberly

7 comments:

  1. I love this cute mini album and thumbs ups with recycling. I CANNOT wait for cooler, fall weather.... my hair and 90 degree heat are not compatible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! I am ready for the heat and humidity to be gone :)

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet mini! Love the images you chose and all of the fun details you added. Thanks for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donna and Sara! Thanks for taking the time to peek at my mini, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful. Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Anything Goes“ Linky Party.

    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a pleasure, thanks for hosting Tara :)

      Delete

I appreciate your thoughtful comments!